Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book #3 is out for review

Finally! I've been trying for weeks to get a draft copy of my third book in the hands of my trusted reviewers. Life and my other obligations have gotten in the way, leaving me no time to write. A writer with no time to write - sounds like a problem. This draft is 4500 words longer than my past books and I'm very happy with that because my goal was to extend the word count and prolong the ending. If you've read my other books, you know the endings are fast and furious. Well, not this time. I guess I'll see what the others think.

Can I tell you how appreciative I am of my reviewers? They are the best. They point out the flaws, even the ones I know are there, but am trying to hide. They tell me what they don't like, what they don't understand, and ask what my reason is for including a character nobody sees the purpose in. They also freely underline sentences that make them smile or paragraphs that remind them of someone in their life. Above all else, they are encouraging and they believe in me. What more can a writer ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment