Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another wonderful book club

I spent yesterday afternoon discussing my first book, "Missing Maggie," with some marvelous women at their monthly book club meeting. I have to admit, I was nervous. My palms were sweaty and it wasn't because it nearly hit one hundred degrees outside. Once I entered the building though, and met the host and a few of the other ladies, my nerves calmed. It was also helpful to see a familiar face. Thanks, Judy!

After I introduced myself and told them why and how I became a writer, the conversation took off. It was invigorating to hear that they liked my work and that "Missing Maggie" inspired them to think of their own memories that they had yet to share with anyone. I mean, why don't we share more funny stories about our childhood with our own children? Is it because they don't ask? Is it because we might get embarrassed? I firmly believe that our own "stories" are book-worthy material. Not everything has to be fiction. I include a lot of personal events in my writing.

I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to meet with these fellow readers and lovers of literature. It's  also just fun to sit and chat with a group of women. So thank you, ladies. I had a lovely afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment