Monday, May 20, 2013

Brainstorming

Brainstorming. That's what I'm doing these days. With book #3 out for review and not much time to write because of all the end-of-the-year school activities I've signed myself up for, I spend whatever time I can thinking of different story ideas. One idea is a baseball-themed, coming-of-age story for boys between the ages of nine and twelve. I think it might be fun to switch things up a bit before I take Kody on another adventure. I'm also hoping to get an idea for a YA book since that genre is all the rage now. I'll be sitting at a middle school book fair for a few days this week and I can't think of a better place to get inspired. The library certainly isn't where all the action is so I'll have to eavesdrop as much as possible. Hee hee!

I'm also brainstorming ways to get Sincerely, sad dad more attention. My latest idea is to re-release the book under a different title and with a different cover. The story isn't as sad and dark as I currently make it out to be. I'm not sure what this change entails exactly, but I figure whatever I come up with is worth a shot. I only want to do this once though, so I can't  screw it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment