Thursday, May 16, 2013

Newest book's pitch

Here's the back cover pitch I've been working on the past few days. It takes me a while because it works best if I write some and then set it aside. I just repeat that until I feel good about it. Right now, I feel good about this:


Kody Burkoff, a small-town ghostwriter specializing in the memoirs of everyday people, has a new client with a secret to hide, and it has something to do with a missing person from the early 1970’s. With her interviewing skills in top working order, Kody vows to help Evelyn Smith create a memoir of her life before marriage and children, while listening for clues to this mystery that her client says will never pass through her lips. Kody’s curiosity and Evelyn’s refusal to back down to her past and relinquish control of her future combine to reveal more than the person's ultimate destination. More secrets are exposed and Kody is once again left wondering if her amateur sleuthing is to blame, or if it is truly something to celebrate. In Evelyn’s case, it might be a little of both. The truth is what she has always known, yet never been able to grasp.

Now, on to choosing a title!

No comments:

Post a Comment