Monday, November 26, 2012

Words of encouragement

Nice words. Kind words. Thoughtful words. I love words of encouragement. It doesn't matter if you're writing a book, refinishing a piece of furniture, or training for a marathon, certain words and phrases lift your spirits and keep you moving in the right direction. Whenever a reader tells me they loved my first two books and then ask when the next one is going to be ready, it warms my heart. It makes me want to continue to write my stories. It makes me want to strive to do better. I also try to do the same in return. I'll throw out a compliment here or there. I'll tell someone how wonderful they are at something. It especially works on my kids who because of my over-the-top encouragement do not lack self-confidence in the least bit. They pretty much think they are the most awesome people around. Sure, someone is bound to knock them down, but I would be willing to bet a better person will be standing by to pick them back up. So go ahead and dish out a few compliments. Make someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment