Monday, November 19, 2012

My first selling experience, cont'd

After selling two books by about 10:30 yesterday morning, the rest of the day went rather slow. No more sales. I talked to a handful of interested readers. The show was over three hours earlier than expected because fewer dance teams signed up to compete. The upside was that I won the vendor raffle and took home a $50 gift card that covered the cost off being there. Was it worth my time? Yes. It gave me that first selling experience and pushed me out of my comfort zone. Would I do it again? Probably. It wasn't much of an expense, some people saw my name, and the entrance fee went to the dance organization my daughter attends. Do I wish it had produced more of a buzz? Heck, yeah. I wished the whole place had bought a copy, but like the first woman who stopped by, my books aren't for everyone. Next on my to-do list: find another venue to sell the remaining books. Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment