Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Book fair time

I'm spending much of this week at my kids' school book fair where I'm surrounded by catchy titles and bright colors. I can't forget to mention the oodles and oodles of Star Wars books available in all shapes and sizes (And I thought I was tired of all the vampire books!). It's endearing to watch the little ones get excited about books and reading. Their eyes light up when they spy their favorite television or book characters adorning the shiny covers. They grab their friend by the shirtsleeve and say, "You have to read this one. It is soooo good." Then there are the quiet kids who snag a book and try to read the whole thing before they have to get back to class. Part of my job is to take care of the kids' purchases, but the other part is to share my love for books. I hope they can feel my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment