Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My solitary life

I like my peace and quiet, don't get me wrong, but after a few days of just me and my netbook, I get a little crazy. I start looking around at all the things that are wrong with the house, the dog, my nose. I'll even talk to the dog. She just looks at me lazily from her spot on the couch though. I'll periodically yell at the cats for dropping dead rodents on the deck outside our back door. I'd wave to the mailman if I thought he'd wave back. Focus, Jen, focus. Write your book. Write your stinkin' book! Writing a book is not as easy as you might think. You spend your days making up weird scenarios between people that have conversations in your head. MY HEAD IS FILLED WITH IMAGINARY PEOPLE HAVING CONVERSATIONS. Oh, my. Maybe I should get some fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment