Sunday, November 18, 2012

My first selling experience

10:15 I'm here. People are all around, mostly parents with their little ones in tutus and other colorful dance attire. My heart is racing. One woman picked up a book and said, "Nah." I smiled. My books certainly aren't for everyone. I have six more hours of being bold. It's exhausting. Plus, I stayed up too late last night playing Bunco with a great group of women. Lots of laughs, which helped me not worry about today.

What are my expectations for today? Pass out all 100 postcards I had printed. Even if I don't sell a single book, people will see my name and the titles of my books. This event won't be a total loss if that's all I accomplish. The day will be a complete success if I sell just a few books.

10:25 Not to brag or anything, but I just sold my first book!!!!!!
10:30 I sold one more. I'll let you know how the rest of my day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment