Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New sales milestone

At some point in the last two days, I surpassed selling 2000 copies of Missing Maggie. Not bad for one year of sales! It's not like I have anything to compare it to. I have no idea what other self-published authors sell during a year's time. Regardless, at this point in my career, every book sold is still exciting and my emotions still rise and fall with the change in the Amazon rankings.

Thinking of anniversaries, today is the day I met my husband 20 years ago. I can't even believe it. I've been with him more years now than not. Looking back on that Halloween night, I see him with his baseball player buddies. He had longer hair, a devilish smile, and a cocky attitude. At 18, I'm not sure which of those characteristics drew me toward him. At 39 (he's a tad bit older than me), his hair is shorter, his smile is genuine, and he cares more about the people around him than himself  at times. How did I get so lucky? Who knew that on that night I had met the man I'd spend the rest of my life with? I love you, Davey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment