Friday, October 5, 2012

So many books to read

I've perused a lot of book sites lately making lists of the latest books I want to read. There are so many! It's this time of year when many authors publish their latest works, except for maybe James Patterson who can't decide which month is best so he publishes one each month. He still boggles me. Is he some kind of robot? I'd like to meet him some day to hear his secret to success.

Anyway, I added many new books to my goodreads account so that I don't forget the titles when I'm ready. Before reading my last couple of books, I was focusing on MN authors and before that I read several of the books purchased by customers that bought my books. Now, I'm not sure which path to take. I might read some popular authors and really try to dissect their stories to discover what makes them so great to so many readers. Is it the suspense? Is it the characterization? Is it the pace of the story? Is it the jaw-dropping action? It sounds like a daunting task, but one that I'll hopefully enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment