Friday, February 1, 2013

Reading buddy

I was at my kids' school the other day volunteering as a reading buddy for a couple of kindergartners and I must say they are the cutest little things ever. My youngest is only a year out of that grade so it brought back a lot of great memories. He's since picked up some attitude. It's either because first grade is much cooler or my older kids' behavior has worn off on him. I usually blame the older ones. It couldn't possibly be my little boy's fault!

Reading to your child is soooooo important that I don't mind taking time out of my day to work with a student or two to give them a little more practice. Every little bit helps. Now I get to look forward to hearing them improve. That's the best. Whether it's a few extra sight words or better fluency, it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment