Monday, February 11, 2013

Dreams and sacrifice

“Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” 
― J.M. BarriePeter Pan

I'm having a hard time lately justifying the sacrifices I'm making and how they affect my family. Because of my desire to pursue my dream, my family doesn't necessarily get all the things they want. Sure, they get me 24/7, but they don't get the material items or the vacations they dream about. I tell myself it's only temporary.  Everything is temporary. They probably don't even see it the same way. I'll look back ten years from now and be glad for making the many sacrifices. In the mean time, I need to get over this guilt. It's weighing on me like a heavy blanket. BUT, if J.M. Barrie is correct, my dream will come true and it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment