Sunday, January 20, 2013

Writing beyond 50,000 words

50,000 words is a lot. It's a lot, but not nearly enough. This time around my goal is 80,000 words, which I actually think is attainable because I really do feel like I'm about 3/4 of the way done writing this manuscript. Last week I started reading and editing it from the beginning to make sure my main character is who I want her to be. She still needs some work, but I added enough comments to refer to later. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time fixing it up perfectly when I'm not all that certain how the book will end. I wish I knew how it was going to end. I've written out several endings, but none of them seem to stick. I did find another twist I added before I took a break from writing in December. That was exciting to see. I think the reader will enjoy it too. I know I was pleasantly surprised to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment