Thursday, January 10, 2013

Opportunities to share my writing passion

Two new and exciting opportunities to share my passion for writing have developed in the past few days. First, I was asked to visit a book club in town when they gather in May to discuss Missing Maggie. I love that! After having joined two other groups in the past, I feel confident in being able to answer questions and take any suggestions the members might have. I'm sure I'll still feel nervous because I think this one is a bit larger than I'm used to, but there will be at least one friendly face in the crowd. The other opportunity that awaits me, if I accept the challenge, is to teach a creative writing class at my son's middle school. Me? A teacher? Well, maybe. It scares the bejesus out of me though! My husband, the professional educator, says I should stretch myself, make myself uncomfortable. He's right (I hope he doesn't read this!). Accepting this challenge is exactly what I need. Plus, the kids in the class will want to be there. They'll be interested in hearing what I have to say. They, too, are aspiring writers. It's a lot to think about. So far, I only have ideas in my head, nothing written down. The class wouldn't be offered until May so I have plenty of time to prepare. I have butterflies just thinking about it. I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment