Monday, January 14, 2013

Me? A teacher? I'll give it a try!

I said yes. I agreed to teach a creative writing class through Community Education at my son's middle school. After receiving an email from one of his teachers suggesting the idea, the thought has consumed me. I've actually typed out some ideas and am constantly thinking of how to best help the students get their creative juices flowing. She mentioned in her email that the students don't get much of a chance to write fiction, which is a shame, but understandable. There is only so much time in a day with plenty of important topics to learn. This class will be after school and the students will have to sign up for it, which means they'll want to give this other type of writing a try. This is something they'll do on their own time. I'll need to keep it interesting for my sake as much as theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment