Friday, August 24, 2012

Nervous energy

Once again I'm feeling that nervous energy that comes with sharing what I've written with the world. Part of me wants to run and hide in fear that no one will enjoy the story as much as I do. The other part of me wants to run screaming down the street telling everyone to get a copy. Releasing a book is scary. You're basically opening yourself up for criticism to anyone willing to give it. So far, I've received only a few bad ratings and reviews for Missing Maggie. It usually takes me a couple of days to get over them. I'll read the author's critique or stare at the single star and brainstorm every reason I can think of as to why they didn't enjoy the book. Eventually, I get over it. Eventually, I move on.

With the release of Sincerely, sad dad next Tuesday, I'm hoping for an even better reaction from readers. I've been told it's better than Missing Maggie. I can't say whether I like it better or not. I loved Daniel and his twisted love story. I loved building Kody into who she is today. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment