Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Character flaws

When thinking about character development, I pay special attention to the flaws. I mean, it's the flaws that make a person who he or she is. What is a perfect person anyway? Is it the person with the least amount of flaws? We all know "those people." They appear to have it together all the time. They're dressed in the latest fashion. Their hair and makeup are perfect. Their kids are star athletes and at the top of their class. I could go on and on. I can only believe (or hope) that at home they are a complete wreck. That's terrible to say, but come on, nobody is that perfect. They just try harder than the rest of us to hide their flaws. Anyway, flaws are what set us apart from the rest. Would my husband be more perfect without his one hairy arm, or would my daughter be even more adorable if she was less of a bear in the morning? I can't leave my boys out. Would my oldest be an even better son if he didn't have to be told to blow his nose instead of wipe the snot on his shirt? Would my youngest son be more lovable if he didn't make weird noises at all hours of the day? Ok, I feel better having covered the family. Since this is my blog, I won't be documenting any of my flaws. Actually, I write about my flaws in my books. I'm just not going to tell you which ones are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment