Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I miss my Percy

I fell asleep last night listening to the dishwasher and my husband's louder than normal breathing. He was obviously exhausted from his day. I also fell asleep with tears in my eyes. I miss her. I miss my feline friend of 19 years who passed away just over a week ago. I miss how she'd sit on my chest while I tried reading a book at night, and how she'd wake me in the middle of the night to be let outside when the weather was warm enough. I even miss the sound of her hacking up hairballs early in the morning, knowing that I'd have to watch my step when I crawled out of bed. I simply miss seeing her. I miss knowing she's around. She was always around. She was a part of my life before my husband and kids. Her and I shared an apartment in college. She had a way of putting a smile on my face when I was sure the world was going to end. You all might think I'm a crazy cat lady for feeling this way, but she meant a lot to me and she always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment