Monday, April 9, 2012

Another fast and furious ending

I finished editing my first draft early last week. (My life was put on hold for about a week since the whole family was home for spring break.) The ending of book #2 is currently way better than the beginning. It's another page-turner I tell you. I've decided that I'm an impatient writer because it pains me to draw out the ending when I'm so excited to share it with the reader. I don't want anyone to have to wait. I know I'd rather go to sleep knowing how a story unfolds. I hate when I get to the end of a book and have to continue to wait for something exciting to happen. It's the worst when nothing happens. You mean to tell me I read the whole stinkin' book and that's how the author thought it should end? I feel cheated when that happens. I feel angry. This is totally going off topic, but after I raved about "Plainsong" I was slightly disappointed with the ending. I can't decide if it was because it didn't end how I wanted it to or if I wanted to hear more about each of the characters. It was still a good book either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment