Monday, September 24, 2012

Riding the wave

I'm trying not to take it personally, but the recent book sales slump also has me slumping. The real problem is that I don't know how to fix it or if it is even something I can fix. My sister tried convincing me that September was slow in her field too because of school starting. I guess I can believe that since my own house is busy with school and sports. I still have time to read though! My husband keeps telling me that things will get better. We takes turns boosting each other up because things aren't always wonderful in education either. Even with their kind words, I'm thinking of new ways to market the books. My inner saleswoman wants to be bold and boisterous. She wants to walk up to complete strangers and hand them a business card. She wants to email and Facebook popular community members and ask them to take a chance on someone new to the field. Maybe if I drink more coffee that woman will come out of her shell. Who am I kidding? A bottle of Jack is more like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment