Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A rough start

I'm already starting chapter five of my third book and it still doesn't feel quite right, which tells me something needs fixing. I'm just now introducing Kody's main client so the story is finally getting interesting to me. That's not good if the author isn't interested in her own book until chapter five. In Sincerely, sad dad I introduce Kody's main client right away and I think it immediately draws the reader in. I'll have to rethink this third book. A reader needs to be hooked within the first couple of pages and I doubt anyone is going to stick around until chapter five when things get interesting. My plan is to keep writing and when the story is basically writing itself I'll go back to the beginning and decide what to do. This is one of those cases when time is the only solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment