Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hunger Games

I loved it! I've been so against reading "The Hunger Games" for some reason, but with my 11-year-old son having finished all three of the books with rave reviews, I figured it was time to give it a try. I'm really glad I did too. The characters were believable, the plot was incredibly creative, and I didn't want to stop reading. Even though I dedicate a lot of time to writing, I also know how important it is to keep reading, especially books that have been on the best seller's list for over a year. With this one, I learned how important it is to set the scene. I can picture in my head what the forest looked like in the Hunger Games. I can see Rue swinging through the trees. I can envision the cave where Peeta and Katniss recuperated from their injuries. This is one quality I hope to bring to my writing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment