Friday, April 12, 2013

My first expo

I've experienced a lot of firsts since beginning my new career as an author and this weekend will be no different. My sister and I will be spending our Saturday at the Dodge County Expo in Dodge Center, MN. We're sharing a booth and will be sharing plenty of smiles as we attempt to gain more patients (my sister is a chiropractor) and readers (you guessed it, those are for me!). She even went out last night to buy candy as a ploy. I'm pretty sure it will work too. Just like kids, adults love free stuff, especially food.

My goal this weekend is to pass out my entire collection of business cards and postcards, sell a few paperback copies, and make a memorable impression on the thousand or so people attending the expo while at the same time entice them into believing that my product is worthy of their purchase. If I merely get one hundred people to download a sample of one of my two books, it will be a good day. Oh, who am I kidding? If maybe a dozen take the time to download a sample, it will be worth my time. I'll be happy for whatever I can get. That's what life is all about, right? Being happy with what you get, but continuously striving to get more, regardless of what "more" you're trying get. That was really confusing.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment