Friday, April 26, 2013

Ideas come at the strangest times

While I was driving my kids home from school yesterday, my daughter told me a story about...well, about something. I was only half listening because an idea came to mind of how I could fix a trouble spot in my latest book. Why it chose that moment to pop into my brain is beyond me. Was it something she said? I don't know. Like I said, I was only half listening. When I told her to hang on so I could write the idea down in my handy-dandy mini notebook I kept in my purse, she grew silent. She caught on that my actions were completely rude and that I probably had no idea what she was talking about. After I finished writing, I asked her to back up and try the story again. She did so, but with less enthusiasm. Unfortunately, I still don't remember what that story was about. It's either poor parenting or my kids talk too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment