Monday, March 18, 2013

Dear Mother Nature,

I don't mean to be rude, but today's snowstorm cancelled my creative writing class for the second week in a row. My son said he was actually going to show up this time! I was completely prepared to have fabulous conversations about audience, settings, and characters. Sure, it can wait until next week -- I suppose. The real dilemma is that the students won't have time to write and then submit a story for the library's writing contest. I had such high hopes.

On another note, if you're so desiring to prolong winter, then how about telling the stores to cool it with their plethora of shorts and tank tops. How is my daughter ever going to wear the cute spring dresses we bought yesterday if the ground is still covered in a foot of snow? Oh, and can we get rid of the commercials with the people bouncing around in their backyards getting their gardens ready? Enough already!

No comments:

Post a Comment