Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cover time

I just received some photo options from photographer, Paul Pluskwik, to adorn the cover of book #2, which will be ready to preview in the very near future. Paul has an amazing eye for capturing images that tell a story all by themselves. I love that! I'm sticking with the northern Minnesota theme because I think nature shots leave a lot to the imagination. For Missing Maggie, I considered staging a whole scene of people. I even went to another friend who is a photographer with the idea. I ended up changing my mind because ultimately I'd rather let the reader conjure up his or her own images. I generally don't like reading books with pictures of people on them. I want to be the one who develops the character. I want to pick the characteristics of the man or woman that is leading me through a story. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment