Monday, June 18, 2012

Too many characters?

In the feedback I received on the draft copy of book #2, a couple readers commented that I introduced too many characters early on. I hadn't noticed that until I printed out the TOC that I use to keep track of what's going on in the story. They're right. I do introduce quite a few and can see how they might get confused. Some of the characters are new and some of them are from Missing Maggie. I've been studying the TOC trying to come up with ways to move characters around, but I'm afraid that I'll mess up the timing and the flow of the rest of the story. The movement of chapters and characters has to be strategically planned out. I'm at a standstill right now. It looks like it's another issue I'll have to sit on for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment