Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I've almost got it

I think I might have the main character for my next book! I was originally wanting to write a book with Nancy, the ex-Las Vegas stripper, as the lead character because she is such a woman of mystery, and because she was a favorite character of the Minneapolis book club I met with. However, I've been struggling to come up with a good plot for her to lead. All the ones that pop into my head have been done before. Nancy might need more time before she's ready to unveil a few secrets.

This other character, Evelyn, is going to be interesting to say the least. I'll need to hash out my plan with my husband or mom before I go any further. Sometimes my ideas need a little tweaking. And even though I may not always take their advice, I love the creativity that is spawned from the conversation. Who wants to talk about reality when the mind is able to create great fiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment