Thursday, March 15, 2012

Making progress

I finally got past the first few pages of my first draft, which is still unnamed by the way. It wasn't fun and I can barely read the original print, but I think what I've done so far will make for a better book. Like I mentioned in my last post, half of the text will be moved elsewhere so I have some empty space to fill. I can only assume more rearranging will be necessary and everything will fall into place. I've also found a few conversations that need to be prolonged. As I was reading, I wondered why Kody didn't ask her clients more questions. She was being too brief, which led me to question the relevance of their words.

I'm only a quarter of the way through my draft and it's already the 15th of March. If I'm going to meet my deadline of May 1st for a reader-ready copy, I'm going to have to hustle. This summer weather isn't helping matters. I find myself spring cleaning, playing outside with my son, and running on the trails when I should be picking up my red pen. I can't possibly get up any earlier so I'll have to come up with another plan. Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment