Monday, March 5, 2012

First draft complete

I should be ecstatic right now, jumping for joy, buying a round of drinks somewhere fancy to celebrate the completion of not one, but two novels. I hate to say it, but it feels rather anticlimactic.The only explanation I can come up with is that I know how much work I have yet to put into it to get it ready for publication. The first draft is a mere 20% of the final product in my eyes. And if it's anything like last time, I'll rewrite the story more than a dozen times, questioning the quality of my work every step of the way. We are all our worst critic!

Next step: Print it out, buy a new red pen, and bleed all over the paper. Sounds like fun, huh?

Next goal: By May 1st, be ready to pass out copies of the book to a small group of readers for their input.

No comments:

Post a Comment