Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vacation was all play and no work

My family and I recently returned from a trip to Florida. Yes, we drove. Yes, it was barely tolerable by the end. We played in the sand, ocean, and pool, and spent one glorious day at Disney World. I can't dismiss our half day at Gatorland where my youngest son "wrestled" an alligator. I had coffee in my bathing suit and watched the lizards climb on the cement pavers. We scoured the roadside for a dead armadillo so my kids could actually see that incredibly odd creature. I received pictures from my husband and sons of the shark they caught on their fishing excursion. I wandered through gift shop after gift shop while my daughter searched for the perfect souvenir. We did everything we couldn't do here in good ol' Minnesota. It was delightful. I didn't even feel guilty for not opening the bag of edited manuscripts from my beloved readers. Nope, I didn't do a bit of writing. It doesn't look like I'll get much done this week either being that July 4th is just days away and the weather is actually decent. I'll get back to work soon. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment