Monday, February 20, 2012

Rochester's Book Babes

My afternoon with the "Book Babes" was grand. We shared a fabulous meal, which included ribs and a chocolate torte with fresh raspberries, and had great conversation. I have to admit I was nervous before I left my house, but once I got to our meeting place, that all went away. I mean, what's to be nervous about? I was joining a group of women to talk about books. I love talking about books! It was a little different being that it was my book, but a book all the same. The "Babes" asked me a few questions about how Missing Maggie and the character of Kody came to be. I asked them a few questions about what they liked and what they thought I might do better in the next book. After we said our good-byes I drove straight to a coffee shop and jotted down several pages of notes in my writing journal. I took mental notes during our conversation that I didn't want to forget.
  • Create better transitions when changing narrators
  • Create believable characters for a believable plot
  • Create well-rounded characters that are satisfying to the reader
  • Find an editor to catch my grammar mistakes
I have to say my first experience of joining a book club was a positive one. I can't wait for the next one. Thanks, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment