Friday, January 3, 2014

A writing career on pause...

Getting through the holidays, picking up a part-time job, and enduring life's exceptions to the norm have put my writing career on pause. It seems that I always have something else I should do with my time. The little twinkle behind that is knowing that one agent is still considering my third book. Past that lies a sketchy outline of sorts for a fourth book that I haven't touched in a month. I think about that outline daily, yet I never open the file, never jot down a plot twist on my handy little notepad in my purse, and I don't wake up in the morning thinking about Kody and the next man in her life. Writer's block? Lack of inspiration? Feeling beaten down by countless rejections? Yes. All of it.

I will write again. I will write again. I will write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment