Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Self-publishing "Missing Maggie"

After hemming and hawing for a few years about what to do with the novel I wrote, I decided self-publishing was the way to go. It's been a great experience so far and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Here's what went down last week:
  • 10/3 - Nook and Kindle versions went live.
  • 10/4 - Recieved paperback proof in mail and it was exactly what I was hoping for. I pressed "Submit" in CreateSpace and waited for the book to appear on Amazon.
  • 10/5 - Sent out email to friends and family, published new facebook page, ordered 30 copies of my book to pass out, and published my website, jenniferldavidsonwriter.com.
  • 10/6 - Responded to emails saying "Congratulations." This was sooooo fun to do!
  • 10/10 - Saw that someone wrote the first review of "Missing Maggie" and gave it five stars!
What's next? Promote, promote, promote! I also need to get working on the second book in the Kody Burkoff series.

Random Thought: Why is it that the flies all seem to disappear when I finally find the fly swatter? UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment